Saturday, October 15, 2016

#EMBRACETHEFACE

I'm not sure if you noticed but 'my story' was written in 2014.. today is October 15th 2016.. so what has happened in the last two years? Sit back and relax and read what has been up with me since!

First and foremost I want to start off with saying right now.. right at this VERY moment the rain outside is so loud and the wind is currently 25 mph (according to my iPhone) and for the last two days i've heard nothing but to get 'ready' for this horrific storm we are about to have. I'm still waiting for it...

ANYWAYS.. back to me!
I remember I was taking a bubble bath and trying to relax while thinking about how many people ask about my face, people who think they know what happened, people who make up stories of what happened etc.. so i thought to myself.. why not? Why not put my entire story out for the whole world to read, right? Well here I was.. at 20 years old trying to gather every detail of my past to let you guys all know what happened and how I dealt with it. I was so surprised with the turn out and how random people that I met for the first time told me they read my blog and that I'm an awesome person. Such a good feeling.

So what happened after I wrote that blog?
Not a whole lot.. I didn't do much with it and I often forgot about it. It was exciting for about a month or two but then it died down and I went on with my life. I was working part-time still and changing my major in school every 6 months.. I felt like I was just coasting through life. I went to Disneyland a few months later and we had went to Hollywood the year that Ellen DeGeneres was hosting the Oscars and that was the day I decided.. I'm gonna jump over that fence and meet her. BUT, I chickened out and decided to share my blog again in hopes that she would see it.. but she didn't and I forgot about it again. So on I went with my life and a few months later I accepted a full-time position as the Children's Lead at a retail store. I took a small break from school because I still wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I moved in with my very best friend who helped me through SO much every single day, dealt with losing friendships left and right, and waiting patiently for my brother to return home from Afghanistan. It was a crazy but manageable year!

SOO.. what's my point?
Obviously that i'm a regular human being, duh?
No but in all seriousness about a year and a few months ago I met the love of my life and I've been going to school for Health Information Management. I have my own puppy and I'm going to be successfully finished with college in one year. I say that with confidence because I WILL do it and finish it. All those times that people have said to me ''everything happens for a reason'' has never made so much sense until this year. I personally feel like I have scleroderma because I've gotta show people that NO MATTER WHAT life gives you that it should never interfere with your everyday life. Can you imagine if I would've felt sorry for myself and kept the motto, poor me? Better yet, WHY ME? I probably wouldn't be in school.. I wouldn't be spending my life with somebody so incredible.. I wouldn't have a job... I wouldn't have friends.
It's the way you choose to look at your situation. I am turning 23 this year.. feeling happier then ever.. somehow loving myself more and more everyday. I feel amazing! I stay humble. If there is something out there that you wish you could change about yourself when you look in the mirror.. it's just one thing.. your attitude.

#embracetheface







1 comment: